Friday, November 11, 2011

Happy 11-11-11 and Corduroy Day!













OOPS! Our grand-dog liked this quilt too!






Click here: http://niftyquilts.blogspot.com/ to see the Corduroy Appreciation Day quilts on display for 11-11-11. She has such a great blog and always has so many fun quilts to show...and she just started quilting in about 2005! Here are my corduroy quilts and stories....



I made this simple corduroy quilt about 10 years ago for my son and his future wife...she liked purple and I thought it would keep them nice and warm. I used the brick pattern because it's easy and fast. It was one of my 1st attempts at machine quilting. I went to get it today and was told not to keep it too long, as it's one they use in the winter months to keep warm, so it's nice to know they like it, but our grand-dog also liked it! In the picture above you can see one of the 3 chewed places along the edges that I'll try to repair. How many of you have similiar stories?



I'll show another corduroy unfinished quilt in another blog post. I'm having trouble getting the pictures in the right spot!

1 comment:

  1. Love the purples. I am amazed at all the colors and patterns people have found in corduroy. Your quilt looks very cozy and warm.

    ReplyDelete