Saturday, June 9, 2012

All Iowa Shop Hop

Click on the link above to get to the website of the All Iowa Shop Hop.  I've had a few people stop by while they're out shop hopping and would love to have more!  I'm open 9 to 6 today and next week, Monday thru Thursday, and tomorrow 1 to 4 if you want to come take a look.  I've got my patterns and quilts displayed inside...just too hot and windy to have them outside most days. 
 The bouquet above is peonies I picked about 3 weeks ago and brought them out this last Tuesday for quilt club.  Also snapdragons and larkspur.
Above are some blocks that came out of the middle of a comforter that was in tatters, so I took it apart and in the middle was another tattered quilt!  I salvaged these blocks and I'm thinking of making them into wall hangings or pillows.  Any suggestions?  I think the fabrics are really old, I sent an email to a friend who knows a lot about civil war quilts and I'm hoping to learn more from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment