Tuesday, May 15, 2012

More All Iowa Shop Hop

 I'm sorry I'm so slow in posting...May is a busy month here at the Farmer's Dotter. I've been trying to get my yard and flowers to look presentable for the AllIowaShopHop.com/ , so I may not be posting a lot.
I'll try and put a few more pictures of our shop hop, but I forgot to take my camera into a few of the shops....SORRY! 
THE REST OF THE 1ST DAYS STORY!  After leaving Creston, we headed on up the road to Winterset to the Fons and Porter shop and to the Ben Franklin store, where we found a few more goodies, of course. 

 From there, we headed to Adel, where Jacque Johnson has a cute little shop called Adel Quilting and Dry Goods.  I found the cutest little scissors there that had polka dots on them, so I had to get a couple pair...like I need any more scissors or things with dots! That's Jacque above, with a
t-shirt quilt she was working on when she and a few of her friends came down and spent a couple nights with me almost a couple years ago.  They were a fun group, as usual! 

 Next we went on to Des Moines, where we stopped at Creekside Quilting in Clive.  I had never been in their shop before, it looked like they have a lot of interesting quilting goodies!  A few of the girls seemed interested in coming down for a retreat...I would love to have them!

Next we tried to find the Quilters Cupboard in Ankeny, but I'd loaned my GPS to the kids, so we didn't make it there, darn! 

Remember, all these shops AND MORE, will be on the shop hop, so make sure you have lots of time!  I was headed to do a trunk show in Clear Lake that evening, so we were kind of on a time schedule.

From Ankeny, we headed north, taking Highway 69, to Ames.  I love to travel the back roads, and spring its such a beautiful time to be out and about!   Below is a picture of  the Quilting Connection owner, holding the All Iowa Shop Hop paper.  I have those here at my house now, and the passports, if anyone wants to pick one up, so you can start planning your trip!  The Quilting Connection is like 2 shops..I think it was actually 2 stores to begin with, they have a lot to offer.

From Ames, we got on Interstate 35 and headed north to Clear Lake, just in time to check into our motel and meet up with a few of the guild ladies for supper before the trunk show.  More on that later...sorry I'm so long winded today!

No comments:

Post a Comment